Origin: This is a common mushroom and grows in wet conditions.
Health effects: Eating this mushroom has been known to cause anaphylaxis. Asthma and other allergic reactions can be attributed to individuals who have sensitivities to this spore and other basidiomycetes. Inhalation of the spores can also cause allergic reactions.
Last Updated: 20 December 2000
The information presented here is designed to inform, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient and a medical professional.